“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Flying in Oman!

So there is this amazing five star resort that is hidden in a bay nearby in the Wadi. It is called Six Senses at Zighy Bay and the only way to get there is by boat or through the wadi and up and over this insane mountain on a windy road down into this isolated, hidden bay. We opened an adventure center there and have three staff living at the hotel. So the other day, I was going to go there to visit a staff member for dinner and he told me that he would come and grab me in a bit. Thirty minutes later I get another phone call saying he can't come anymore but his friend Itsu was heading to Dibba to refuel the microlight and he would pick me up. I flew!



Here is the microlight that I took. It felt like I was being picked up by my own private plane!

 

Here is a video of us taking off and flying over the Golden Tulip Hotel. Notice the flying seagulls... beautiful!



View from above of an old abandoned village on the Dibba shore.


View of the Munsandam Peninsula.


Fishermen down at Smuggler's Bay!

 

Landing and freaking out some Six Senses guests... I'm pretty sure Itsu gets bored doing over 15 flights a day, and gets a kick out of pushing the limits with the plane. Needless to say it was a fun, stomach dropping, and breathtaking experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment