“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

Monday, September 19, 2011

And so begins a new adventure…

For those of you who don’t know, I have just accepted an intern/guiding position at Absolute Adventures. It is a guiding service that lies on Dibba Beach near the border of Oman and the United Arab Emirates. Absolute Adventures works with school groups, corporate groups and individual tourists. We will be trekking, kayaking, rock climbing, mountain biking, guiding 4X4 vehicle trips and more!

I am so excited to work in a new environment, to meet new people and most importantly, to return to the Middle East. Since we moved back to New Hampshire from Saudi Arabia, I have deeply missed this amazing and exotic place in the world. Growing up over there really shaped me to who I am today. It opened my mind and heart to the amazing people and places throughout the world. It was an amazing base camp for us to travel from and provided amazing opportunities for our family to explore the world. I have such a soft spot in my heart for the Middle East and I am so excited to see it through older and wiser eyes!

I have created this blog for a two reasons: (1) to allow the people I love to follow me throughout this amazing time in my life with words and pictures and help keep people updated in the on goings of the next seven months, and (2) to force me to reflect and appreciate what I am seeing and doing over there, Therefore, I will need all of your help to keep me accountable and to make sure that I am continuously updating this blog! I love you all and will miss each of you terribly!

I am so excited to see where this adventure takes me. I can’t wait to get there! I have no idea how this will go, hence the title of this blog: Venturing into the Unknown… 

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. you better keep this thing updated so i can keep tabs on you girly! xo

    ReplyDelete